Wattminder Inc. dba PVwizard.com
Technology on which company is based: Photovoltaic Engineering, Generation Practice
Funding Stage: Advanced analytics in open beta, completing Hotspot detection & diagnostics demonstration on PVLab at CMU-SV, supported by 3 SBIR grants
Business and Business Model
1. Inception: Feb 2010
2. Value Proposition: Advanced analytics, Low cost sensor signal pre-processor gateway >>real-time diagnostics for solar arrays
3. Current Structure: California C corp, private
4. General Description: Engineering R&D on photovoltaic generation practice, to operate as a Web SaaS enterprise selling critical health status, fault detection & diagnostics, to help assure system availability, based on freemium model, subscription and payment per incident.
1. Product: Electronic modules solving various system degradation issues, complex irradiance sensors, and Analytical-Diagnostic Engine based on photovoltaics & knowledge engineering, mathematical algorithms. On-demand or in-the-background services --Analytics, Assessments, & Performance Check; Alerts, Warning, Alarms are offered based on constant datalink with site, or live database.
2. Function and Benefit: For those 80% of 300,000 solar arrays without monitoring, We
3. Development Stage: Completed & deployed analytics engine as a free service. completing & testing a hotspot-partial shading detection & diagnostic demonstration PVLab on the web.
1. Competitors: Locus Energy, MeteoControl, Also Energy, Noveda, PowerAnalytics, SolarPowerTechnologies, SMA Sunnyboy, Power-One, Wattmetrics; Hardware(module or string) based: SolarEdge, enphase, ArrayPower.
2. Edge over competition: Analytics & Diagnostics through low-cost sensors & instrumentation.
3. Sustainability: Yes, due to the combination of 3 disciplines --Photovoltaics, Mathematics, and Knowledge engineering.
4. IP Protection: Embrella Patent has been applied for Complex Irradiance Sensor, electronic modules, as well as our web infrastructure.
1. Target Market:
We are already addressing the residential & commercial market with our free analytic tools. The same analytical engine can accept through open SOAP API, anyone’s performance or production data. By teaming with local O&M contractors who will be able to offer production or availability assurance program to PV owners and operators. Our web architecture is scalable, and may move to a cloud hosting provider who can offer assured uptime, and data storage.
2. Barriers to Entry: The difficulty to achieve the synertistic combination of mathematics-photovoltaic & knowledge engineering, in a cohesive web(cloud-based) architecture.
We will address all solar power owners and operators via different user-interfaces to our analytical engine.
4. Needs Assessment
Exploring collaboration with NOAA & NREL, on sattelite-based resources as input to our analytical engine.
We are seeking CEO/Co-Founder with track record of securing funding and executing commercialization
We are interested in marketing assistance, the quantification of underperformance in solar energy production has been a challenge, since most entities keep their performance data private. The Energy Information Agency of DOC has raw data, but it has been a challenge to sort it out and make deductions about the size of under-performance.
Contact: Steve Yang, P.E. founder and President 408-734-2907 email@example.com
1153 Bordeaux Dr. #201
Sunnyvale, CA 94089